A few of our favorites....
Grilled Bison Tenderloin Steak with Mild Chile Rub
4 tenderloin steaks 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons ancho powder
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons guajillo powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
1) To make the chile rub, combine all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2) Liberally sprinkle the rub on both sides of steaks, massaging into the meat. Wrap the steak tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or up to 24 hours. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 1/2 hour to 1 hour before grilling.
3) When ready to grill, preheat the grill to medium-high. Remove the plastic wrap, rub a small amount of oil on both sides of the steaks. Lightly oil the grill grate before putting the steaks on it.
4) Grill the steaks about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
1 pound Ground Bison
4 burger buns, split and toasted
Salt and pepper
1) Shape Ground Bison into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
2) Grill covered 4-6 inches above medium hot coals, turning once, just until the pink has diappeared.
3) Seaason to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Tuck into a toasted bun, top with you favorite condiments and enjoy.
1 pound Ground Bison
1 medium onion, chopped
1 15oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2 16oz. cans peeled tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1) In a non-stick skillet, saute the ground bison and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is tender.
2) Add the pinto beans, tomatoes, water and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, adding more water if chili becomes too thick.
3) Add chopped cilantro and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
4) Spoon into bowls and garnish with grated cheese or died jalapeno peppers.
Bison Strip-Steak With Spicy Red Onion Marmalade
8-10 oz. Bison Strip Steak
4 medium Red Onion, diced
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 T Red Curry Paste
1 can of unsweetened Coconut milk
1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Rosemary
1) Season Bison Strip Steak with salt and black pepper generously on both sides.
2) Place on heated grill; cook each side for about 15 minutes to achieve a Medium Rare to Medium or to about 130 internal temperature.
1) In a sauce pot add olive oil and saute onions, garlic till translucent.
2) Add sugar and coconut milk and curry paste (if you do not like spicy food then do not add Curry Paste or cut in by half) and whisk until paste is dissolved. Reduce until you have a thick glaze consistency, fold in fresh chopped Rosemary.
3) Place Steak on plate and top with Red Onion Marmalade and serve.
For more recipes visit: